I made it 19 weeks and 5 days without getting sick. With a sleepless night, head pounding, nasal passages filled with concrete, a burning throat, and a low fever on top of the the usual aches and tiredness, I was miserable yesterday. I found that cough drops, breath right strips, and the small amount of Tylenol allowed really don't do much. Unless you count the purple bruised line across my nose from the strips. Needless to say, Barry took up residence in the basement bedroom to wait out all the tossing, turning, and nose blowing.
I was taking my temperature constantly because a high fever can be bad for the babies. It never got higher than 99.9, so I didn't have too much to worry about. I could feel them both moving so that helped a lot. Their arms and legs were both on my right side at the ultrasound and that's where I feel everything. Sometimes I feel it very high or low so I can tell which baby it is, but most of the time it is in the middle so I just can't tell. I imagine that will get easier as they get bigger. Right now, they are about 10 inches long from heat to foot, or about the size of a banana. It is hard to believe that two little bananas can make a belly look so big!
 |
| Just take the picture so I can go back to the couch! |
Right now, I am resting on the couch and waiting to hear if our little niece is here yet! The c-section was scheduled for 9:00 this morning, but could have easily gotten pushed back because of emergency c-sections. Hopefully I know more very soon! The worst part about being sick is that I won't be able to hold her yet. :( I hope to at least be able to see her and keep my distance at the hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment