 |
| Our Easter dress! Next year, I'll buy two more. |
Happy Easter! It was a long week at school and a school and a short Easter weekend. Some of my students were driving me nuts this week! When they come to tattle again or whine about wanting to go to the nurse for some minor problem, I just wanted to say, "Suck up and deal." Must be the hormones! Or the Grandma Janke genes. One may never know. The funniest thing this week was a student asking, "What do you do when you drop stuff at home?" They don't mind getting everything off the floor for me, but they've definitely noticed that I ask them to do a lot more! Pregnancy brain is also in full swing. "Who can find the purple water bottle" is an activity we do a few times a day in third grade.
Barry's parents came down to meet baby Kara for the first time this weekend. We took turns cuddling Kara and chasing after Wes. Grandma Kathy tried to feel the babies, but like always, they quit wiggling when someone is trying to feel them. They had more chocolate and sweets this weekend than ever before, thanks to all grandparents and Aunt Laura! I haven't noticed an increase in activity after eating something sugary like others have told me they feel. I still have about 5 weeks until I am tested again for gestational diabetes. It'd be REALLY nice to not have it, but if that's the worst complication of this pregnancy, I'll take it!
 |
| Kara's cousins make a good seat for her. |
 |
| Big brother Wes! |
 |
| He can handle one pretty well! |
The babies should be about a pound each by now! Only 5 or 6 more to go in the next 15 weeks! According to the books I have read, they may flutter their eyes open and shut, but don't keep them open for a few more weeks. Since the bones of their inner ears should have hardened to sharpen their hearing, Barry has been reading them new books at night. I cleared out all my scholastic bonus points on my book orders at school and the grandmas couldn't resist giving them some books for Easter, so they have a nice pile of books already. The girls didn't get too wild during the stories, but maybe that's because they are so intently listening. One did give Barry a nice little punch to the cheek though!
We have an ultrasound on Tuesday! I can't wait to see them again. It's always a relief to hear the doctor say, "I like what you are doing with the kids." There will be more ultrasound pictures then. We'll have them double check that they are girls since Grandma is not convinced!
No comments:
Post a Comment