Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Secret's Out!

 There is no hiding these babies anymore!  They are 12 weeks today and have fingernails, can curl their toes, open and close their fists, and even make sucking movements with their lips. They like their space so I am feeling tighter and a little more uncomfortable.  I'm finding it's all about finding the right clothes because pressure on my belly leaves me breathless and cranky.

Looking bigger than 12 weeks!

I told the staff at school on Thursday.  Wednesday was a snow day and a few friends came over to help decorate cookies to put in the staff room.  We made conversation heart cookies with baby words on them and in our staff meeting that morning, the principal asked if everyone had been to the lounge and if anyone had an announcement to make.  I just said, "I do!" and everyone started clapping.  Then I said, "But I'm not having a baby,  I'm having TWO babies"  They freaked out a little after that.  Earlier that morning, a number of them had figured out it was me, but did not know it was twins!

The cookie display in the lounge.  I used my grandma's china.  She would be happy to know that.
Notice Barry's baby word....tax deduction.
I wrote on the schedule for the day that we would have treats at 2:30 in the classroom.  The kids were bugging me all day.  "Why do we get treats?"  "Who's birthday is it?"  "Why do we have to wait until 2:30?"  All I would say is, "It IS for a birthday and you will find out at 2:30!"

FINALLY it was 2:30, (when you are a 3rd grader expecting treats, it is REALLY hard to wait).  I handed out some cookie lollipops my mom made and mailed to me.  Each cookie had a letter on it and I put the kids in groups to unscramble one or two words in the message.  With a little prompting, each group got it and I asked each group, "What do your cookies say?"  The response was "Mrs. Lovseth!" "is having!"  "twins!"  The room was quiet for a moment, the erupted in "Ooooh!"  "Wow!"  Some of the boys took a moment longer.  "So...that means you're pregnant?" one asked.  Another one right away said, "How long will you be gone?"  He decided it was a good thing when I told him I'd finish the school year with them.  :)

Lollipop cookies
They figured out their portion of the message!

There is now an empty Kleenex box in the classroom which students bring name suggestions everyday.  They actually choose some very nice names.  If I find any funny ones, I will be sure to post them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment