Babies are about 4 inches long and now have legs that are longer than their arms. Although they don't have anything to taste, their taste buds are forming. Their eyelids are fused shut, but they would respond if a flashlight was held up to my belly by moving away from the light. Barry thinks it's a bad idea because it would blind our children. I didn't give them the best vision genes, so hopefully there will be no twin guide dogs in our future.
The belly has popped out this week with someone saying something everyday about how big it is. Everyone is very careful to keep the focus on the largeness of the belly and not me overall. I haven't had too many random belly touchers yet, but I expect that to increase with the babies' growth. The most intense craving this week is meat. I don't care what kind, I just want to eat it now. Macaroni and cheese is also a craving I have not given into because I know it's not so healthy. The fact that Barry bought Scooby-Doo mac and cheese might be part of it. Somehow, noodles shaped like dog bones just don't do it for me.
The other development this week was an increase in flatulence. If you find that inappropriate or disgusting, you should stop reading now, but my dad is going to want to know this. You are also very wrong because flatulence at awkward times and in awkward places is hilarious - after the embarrassment wears off that is.
One morning this week I was drinking a big glass of juice in the kitchen and one slipped out. Barry yelled from the bathroom in the hall, "What's wrong?" With a mouth full of orange juice, I didn't respond, so he came running. "Are you ok?" I must have looked at him like he was nuts. "Didn't you just say help?" Nope.
Then there was the movie theater. We haven't been to a movie in a long time so we went to see "Unknown" and apparently so did a good portion of the population of Cedar Rapids. We had to squeeze in the second row wishing our seats would recline so we could actually see the whole screen. At a movie filled with car chases, gun fights, and explosions, my body could find every serious and suspenseful scene to chime right in. I'm pretty sure Barry will not be taking me to another movie until we need to hire a baby-sitter.
Parent-teacher conference are this week (one of my least favorite parts about teaching!) so I will get the ultrasound pictures from Tuesday up as soon as possible.
Gotta love the flatulence! Cracks me up! :)
ReplyDelete