Monday, March 21, 2011

18 Weeks! Baby practice begins.

Yeah, I'm huge for 18 weeks.  It's ok.  I like it.
The babies should be about 5 1/2 inches long and 7 ounces.  Only eight more days until the mystery of gender is revealed - we hope!  We are scheduled for an hour and a half so sometime in there we hope that the babies will give us a peek at the goods.  Of course, healthy, full-term babies is what we REALLY are hoping for.  I don't feel movement very often, but it is still early.  I just want to see them squirming around again on that screen!

This week went fast because I was on spring break!  I got many projects done or started around the house.  I got addicted to Craig's List because I sold everything I put on.  The best thing was the old, broken hot tub that I put on thinking no one would ever come remove it for free.  I had 16 responses and it is now gone!  The spot where it was will become a sandbox for the twins.  If they love to play in the sand, but squat the whole time because they don't want their behinds to touch the sand, we know they take after Barry.  If they try to bury each other and pour sand down their shirts, they take after me.  Maybe we'll have on of each!

The diaper stash has begun as I used up coupons before they expired at the end of the month.  I'm still doing the research on weighing the pros and cons of disposable vs. cloth diapers since my plan is to home with them for the first year.  Some people think it's a great idea while others think it is a terrible idea.  Even if we did cloth, we'd need some disposable for travel so for now, I will put the coupons to good use!  If you come across any, feel free to mail them my way.
Barry wanted the life-sized baby with a comb over on the changing table pad in the picture.

This weekend, my best friend from Bismarck, ND drove all the way here with her six month old baby to visit us!  I've known Carrie forever, but only have gotten to see her little guy, Beau, once before.  We did some shopping and scrapbooking.  Beau is a happy little guy who decided he loved Barry!  He's at the age when literally EVERYTHING goes in his mouth.  He was easily entertained by random objects as we worked on our scrapbooks.  We had a lot of fun!
Look at those beautiful baby blues!
White meat.  Mmmmmmmm.
Hi buddy!
March 2011- in front of our house
April 2010 - in front of Carrie's house

No comments:

Post a Comment