"Just think! You are almost 13 weeks!" Barry said a few days ago. "What planet do you live on? I am almost SEVENTEEN weeks! " I replied in disbelief. You can't take away time that moves so slowly in the first place. Apparently, I am not the only one with pregnancy brain!
 |
|
The babies' bones are hardening, including the tiny bones of the inner ear. This week, they should be able to start hearing my heat beat and voice. I guess that means I should stay calm and reign in the sass! By next they should be able to even hear sounds outside the womb. I've read about playing music to them, but there seems to be nothing conclusive showing it actually does anything beneficial. I have heard that babies who heard music in the womb are comforted by it after birth, but it is all pretty speculative. I think I have felt each one move - just once that I was aware of. Of course it was baby B first! Baby A might be born first, but B does what he/she can to get attention as the baby of the family. Of course, I don't know WHERE she/he gets that from!
This week I am off of school on spring break (hooray!) so some major nesting is going on. We lined up carpet for the basement, looked for a chair for the babies' room, and started working on cleaning out both bedrooms upstairs. That way, we can share his office leaving my office empty for painting in a few weeks. Barry hates when I have spring break because he is still working as usual and I come up with all kinds of stuff for us to do. I understand. It doesn't mean I'm going to stop, though!
 |
| The room in progress - yikes! |
I just love your little bump :) Those babies sure are growing fast!! Can't wait to see the progress you make this week in their room!
ReplyDeleteI think there is something to the music thing.... I listened to one of my favorite singers during my pregnancies and both my girls like him as well. :) Nothing that I planned... you just made me think about it.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your site!
Daril