Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Big Sisters!

The girls seem very excited to be big sisters.  We look at their baby photo books all the time because they love babies so much.  They like to pat my belly and Emily always wants to see the baby's cord!  She also likes to find my pregnancy week by week book and say, "I read mommy's book berry gently!" because I often won't let them look at my books.  Julia always says,  "Don't squish baby!" to herself because she is really wiggly in my lap.  One day she even rubbed my belly and said, "Oh no!  Squish baby!  Shhhhh!  It's ok, baby.  It's ok."

They are both already mini-mommies. When they go down the stairs, Julia always says, "Be ca-fol (careful) Emmawee!"  They often rush to hug and kiss each other when they fall.  Before meals, we often have to take baby dolls out of their seats and removed the plastic food buffet from the table.  One day I asked Barry, "Have you seen Emily?"  We heard a little voice from a corner,  "I just reading to baby."  They sing "Jesus loves me" to their baby dolls and like to load up their strollers tell me they are taking babies to The Pizza Ranch, Utah, the library, music class or the park.  :)  I actually think they will be TOO much help with a new baby wanting to do everything when it would be easier to just have them play on their own.  We'll find out in 5-6 months!

I'm finally feeling ok and usually only sick at night.  I don't need to nap every single day with the girls so some things are finally getting done around here.  I am 16 weeks on Thursday and measured right on track at the doctor today with 160 as the baby's heart rate. We only 4 weeks away from finding out gender and the big ultrasound is on October 18th!  Emily and I think it's a boy.  Daddy's office is now "baby brother's room" and she will cry if Julia tells her it's a girl and say, "Mommy, it's a boy!"  Julia says it's a girl to get Emily going and Daddy says it's a girl because he doesn't like the fact that I already think I know.  We do have quite a few cute baby boy clothes I got on clearance and garage sales.   My friend who is also pregnant and NOT finding out is all about planning a gender reveal party so we might just do it!  I'll be thrilled either way because the two little girls we have are pretty great...who wouldn't want another one?  I also have had little boys steal my heart in the past so we'll see!  Since Julia and Emily are so different, Barry said he's excited to see what cute different things this baby will do and say.

Click here for some new photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment