Julia calls us "honey" all day, every day. It cracks me up because it sounds like my not-quite-two-year-old is talking down to me or trying to keep me calm. She's usually very busy trying to figure out how to do everything I can do as well as I can do it! That's probably why she likes to clean and take care of her babies. She often insists on having two babies. If someone is going to have a tantrum, it will be Julia. I'm not sure what that says about me, but Julia is definitely equal parts sweet and sassy!
Here are Julia's recent quotes:
Pressing her monkey's hands together: "Monkey pray."
At lunch: "I need more milk, honey!"
Choosing plates: "Honey, I want purple."
Pointing to my car: "That's Juwa's car!"
Telling on Emily to God during prayers, "Emme push Juwa!"
About the parade: "Juwa scared bubbles. Daddy hold you."
When a fly lands on her sippy cup: "No tenk you! NO TENK YOU!"
In Wal-mart: "SISSY! Where ARE youuuuuu?"
When grandma asks excitedly if she saw the airplane, she calmly replies: "I see it, honey."
When we went to the park with grandma, I asked her what her favorite part of the park was. She said, "Gamma."
Before naptime: "Wuv you, honey!"
Most common phrases:
"I drink big girl, honey!" (She wants the lid off her cup.)
"Mommy hold you!""Ju-wa turn now!"
"Up, pease honey!"
"Dat's MINE!"
Emily talks and sings all the time and says, "Dis favorite!" to about half the songs on the kids CDs we listen to. She loves making "pasta salad" or "taco salad" in her play kitchen and feeding her babies in her high chair. She has a long attention span, especially when it comes to making art. She would also be happy to be at the pool all day everyday. Emily has been very easy going, but doesn't like it when "Sissy's sad," or as I call it, having a tantrum. She's not all sunshine and roses, because if someone has an issue at bedtime, it will usually be Emily.
Here are Emily's recent quotes:
On the way back from Wal-mart: "Open door. Fro Candy!"
When she was scared: "Hug you. Come hug you."
While crying at 3am for no apparent reason: "Mommy sing to you!"
Chasing an ant with her finger: "Want to touch him! Want to touch him!" -squash- "Iss ok bug."
Guarding photo of a friend's baby wearing a santa hat: "Dat's mine baby Santa."
After a storm: "Emme scared thunder wast night."
About the parade: "I see hamster! I see Uncle Sam! Where Uncle Sam go?"
About a sleeping cat at Petco: "Kitty likes you!"
Eating grapes: "Baa, baa, back sheep. Grapes singing."
Singing from the backseat: "So bery hap-py! So bery hap-py!"
Randomly while cleaning up lunch one day: "I wuv you, Ju-we-ah! I wuv you, Ju-we-ah!"
Most common phrases:
"Where going today?"
"Read one mo time!"
"Dat's mine mommy!"
"Mommy silly!"
"Daddy home supper."
When I hear them say, "I love you!" to one another or watch how they try to comfort the other when hurt or sad, it makes me realize what a blessing they are not only to us as parents, but to each other.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!
Check out our June photos here!
Emily keeps Julia busy!
We are the "mine" phase already.
Singing and coloring with baby in an alligator bib. That's how Emily rolls.
"Round and Round the Garden" with Julia before bedtime.
She always skips most of the rhyme and jumps straight to violent tickling!
No comments:
Post a Comment