Everyday around here, we are working on not hurting each other, keeping the bibs on, sitting on the couch instead of standing, cleaning up after ourselves...you get the idea. In light of all the rules, I have found I have adopted some of my own:
1. Life is too short to fold underwear.
2. Any song is better with clapping, a lion roar, or a "Hey Sioux!" at the end.
3. Sometimes being a grown up means saying "no" to ice cream.
4. When it's cookie day at HyVee (they sell fresh chocolate chip cookies at the front of the store), you have to buy some. It's ok if they don't make it home.
5. Stop and chat with all the older ladies at HyVee who pay attention us. We are never in too big of a hurry to make someone smile.
6. Do as many things with the girls as possible, especially if I am terrible at it. (Gardening, music, puzzles...)
7. Make some art everyday.
8. Hold hands. Even if you aren't crossing the street.
9. Be excited about washing hands. Bubbles are neat.
10. When there are toys everywhere, laundry to put away and dishes to do, sometimes the responsible thing to do is take your kids to the park.
I really am finding that by being very consistent in my expectations, I am spending less and less time dealing with negative behaviors and we are having a lot of fun! I hope it continues since "terrible two" is only 3 months away!
See some adorable new photos here.
When Emily hears the opening bars of "Over the Rainbow" by IZ, she knows what comes next!
Emily's singing is too cute! I love it. I can't wait to get the girls together again. Maggie is much more fun to play with now.
ReplyDeleteThanks! That would be so fun!
Delete