Friday, September 2, 2011

Since I became a mom...

I’ve taken hundreds of pictures.
I look forward to tummy time.
I'm impressed by big burps.
Ok, let's face it.  I've always been impressed by big burps.
I sing.  But not in front of anyone over 10 pounds.
I’ve realized at that I never brushed my teeth that day.
I’ve brushed my teeth with zit cream.
I no longer distinguish pajamas from clothes
My make-up seems like a waste of money.
So does the bathroom scale.
I can hold two babies, pump, and eat at the same time.
I can feed two babies at the same time, but it is not pretty.
I’ve learned that babies will not spontaneously combust, even if it seems that way from the intensity of their cries.
I've cursed the pacifier for being a lie.
I forget to go to the bathroom.
I can work things with one hand or a foot.
I’ve eaten too much chocolate.
I miss school more than I thought I would.

I’ve lost sleep.
I’ve lost my glasses.
I’ve lost my patience.
I’ve been amazed at Barry’s patience.
I've coached Barry through putting butt cream on a baby.
I’ve laughed at Barry as he gets pooped on while putting butt cream on a baby.
I've laughed when Barry cleans poop out of the bath tub.
I realized how much I need Barry and not just to clean up all the poop.

I'm glad we have a freezer full of food.
I’m glad we don't have a dog.
I'm glad we have moms and dads who taught us how to be a good mom and dad.
I’m really glad we have these two baby girls. 




Emily's thumb is better than a pacifier.

Life is easier when you hold your sister's hand.

Emily

Julia

The pacifier works for once.

Emily's quilt from Grandma L.

Julia's quilt from Grandma L.

Emily's quilt from Grandma A.

Julia's quilt from Grandma A.

Barry calls these their Wee Willy Winky hats.

Emily's bed head!

Go to sleep Julia!

Julia



First time going to church!

1 comment:

  1. You look great! The girls are beautiful, Amy, and it sounds like you're taking it all in stride. Good for you! Would love to stop by sometime and see them (when I don't have to compete with everyone else at school! ;) Let me know if you need some socialization / food / anything! : )

    ReplyDelete