Friday, October 3, 2014

Goodbye Summer!

Garrrr!!!  I'm way behind again.  I don't have anything exciting to say.  I'm just tired and doing the best I can with each day.  One day (hopefully SOON!) I'll be back in this blogging game.  Here's what the kids have had to say:

Julia

Looking in the mirror:
"I don't look like Julia.  I look like your face.  'Cause you're my mama."

Finding two little yard gnomes grandpa hid in the bushes:
"They are Julia and Emily…with a BEARD!"

On her birthday:
"I am 3 now, mom?"
Me: "Yep."
"But I'm still LITTLE!"

"Hey!  There's a song in that rock!" (Outdoor speakers at Menards.)

"Where's my baby?"
Daddy: "Here's one."
Disgusted: "That's a DOLL.  I want my striped baby!"  (a different doll)

Emily singing a song that's also in a book we have:
"Emily, you can read that book from Grandmom!  MOM!  Emily is learning how to READ!!"

Talking about a scratch and sniff birthday card I got in the mail from my friend:
"I fink her thought we like stinky cards.  We don't."

Me:  "I'll go get some toys for Madelyn."
"No, her is ok.  Her gots me."

"You're a good baby, Madelyn.  We love you."

Me: "Where are we, Julia?"
"At the nurses' house." (At the hospital)

"Emily, you love me, Emily?"
"Yeah."
"Emily, when I was at the hospital and mommy put you in my room to sleep and you couldn't sleep because I was sleeping in the big bed in the hospital.  Because you love me?"
"Yeah."

Emily


Tucking Emily into bed on a day I was feeling like I couldn't give anyone the attention they needed:
"I had a fun time with you today, mom."

The morning grandpa and grandma left: "I need you to read this book to me.  I'm feeling lonely."

Riding in the van on a hot day: "I need it cooler in here.  It's not cooler enough."

Talking about the garden gnomes: "Why did grandpa leave some Santa guys in our yard?"

"MOM!  Come see!  I pooped a heart poop! Because I love you."

"I'm going to put this flower in her little dish because I love her." (Picking a flower for Madelyn on a walk.  The dish was the cup holder on the stroller.)

Tossing corn on the table at lunch for Julia:
"Here you go, little bird!  Eat your bird theed!"

"Mommy, you have plumber's butt.  Cover that up."

Softly to Madelyn: "You are my pride and joy."

"Here cometh the teacher!" Carrying a armload of books to a little chair she set up in front of Madelyn.

Screeching: "Give it, Julia!  Give it back!  That's mine!"
Me: "There's a better way to solve that.
Low, scary voice:  "Giiiiiiive it."

July Photos are here.
August Photos are here.
3rd Birthday Art Party photos are here.  It was a LOT of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment