I've done it. I've become one of those moms who blogs about her children because they are the cutest and most brilliant children to ever grace the earth. You know, that sort of thing.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Look Who's Talking!
What are these girls up to? They are walking so well they can almost RUN, but are really focused on communicating. More, please, eat, help, swing, and milk are commonly used signs. Julia's favorite word is still "Uh oh" but ball is a close second! Eye, hi, Da-eee (daddy), buh (butterfly), Aw! (off) "rou, rou" (round and round) and baba (banana) are in her vocabulary now. She ate a whole banana this weekend and then cried, "Baba! Baba!" when I wouldn't let her eat the peeling. I think she is saying her own name as well. Sometimes when I am doing something with Emily, such as putting on her shoes, Julia will hold up her own shoes and say, "Do-wa! Do-wa!" I think we can thank cousin Kara for that one because she says "Ju-wa! Ju-wa!" in reference to both girls. :)
Emily says buh buh (butterfly), Dada (daddy), ball, eye, hi, tickle, and of course, "Wassat?" She even says, "Wassat" in her sleep! She also does a very excited monkey impression. Both girls love to do dog, cat, and lion sounds and imitate birds and sirens they hear when we are outside. Emily is great about going to the fridge when she wants and drink of water and sitting on the rug to drink it. She also made up her own sign for want and uses it all the time.
These two are great eaters. Julia out-eats Emily at every meal and we don't really know where she puts it! Their favorite foods are a Quesadilla made with black beans, cheese & salsa. They also love carrots, broccoli, grapes, whole wheat crackers, cheerios, puffs, and watermelon. They still like spinach soufflé (spinach, egg, cheese & cottage cheese) quite a bit and enjoy the fruit and veggie pouches. They can now can use a straw because they learned to suck straight out of the pouches.
Individually, Julia likes to eat edamame (shelled soy beans), but not peaches or applesauce. She also likes sand, wood chips, and dead flowers. Emily will eat almost anything except edamame and is getting better about not trying to eat so many non-food items. However, she is a major milk-aholic. She downs her cup of milk at every meal and will only stop when it's gone and she's gasping for air from not breathing during her milk binge. After that, she'll want Julia's milk. If it's on the table, Julia will reach for it and when I give it her, just take a small sip before handing it over to her sister. Can you say, "Enabler?"
You'll see some pictures missing the girls because they were with cousin Kara & Aunt Laura while Barry and I took a hot air balloon ride. It was my birthday present and I loved it! We actually got to fly on Barry's birthday. Barry made a comment about being impressed that I wasn't scared. When we were way up high, I was looking over the basket without a problem, but he said it made him feel woozy. "It doesn't bother you because you don't have good depth perception," he told me. I replied, "Or it doesn't bother me because I'm not a wuss." :) Happy birthday dear!
Signing
Julia LOVES doing this rhyme.
Crazy girls!
This kid really loves her animals!
Happy Birthday to Mommy!
She didn't quite know how to get out of this position...happens all the time!
Everyone wanted in on this book with Auntie Laura!
Emily's first pony tail! Julia would not even dream of staying in one place long enough to put one in.
Daddy's girls
We were playing trick or treat. Apparently Julia thinks she is going to get a lot of candy.
This just happens when you leave a basket of warm towels out!
I love the way Julia is looking at Emily in this photo.
Friends!
It was just a PJ, tutu, and reading kind of morning!
Wes was going to "catch us". He and Jon followed the balloon to take us home when it was done.
Happy 30th Birthday Barry!
And we're off!
"Daddy, are Amy and Uncle Barry going to outer space?" - Wes
Barry getting high on his birthday!
A man who was at the park where we landed took this photo and e-mailed it to Barry.
Do we look like we had fun because we did!!
Meanwhile back at home....I bet Laura felt like she had triplets. YIKES!
She was even brave enough to try a bath with all three. Looks like it was hit!
Diaper dance?
Poor baby Kara just wanted her bed. We had no idea it could take as long as it did!
No comments:
Post a Comment