Tuesday, July 10, 2012

11 Months old! How did THAT happen?


Less than one month until the big birthday celebration!  Why didn't the second 6 months go as slow as the first?  Bowing out of nursing after 9 months and sleeping all night really makes the days go faster!  I apologize for the super long update.  I know I should just do it more often.  Here is what these 11 month olds can do:
  • Emily took her first steps to daddy at the end of June!  She's cool with that and is not interested in walking alone again.  Oh Emily!  She did the same thing with rolling over.
  • Julia took her first steps on the 4th of July (also to daddy) and is now attempting to walk places instead of crawl!  Check out her walking video.
  • No one is interested in saying mama.  I asked Emily if she could say mama and her reply was "Daddy dada!"  Sooner or later, they'll figure out who is running this show, right?
  • We have a climber!  Julia climbs inside or on top of whatever she can find.  She really is the monkey of the two girls!
  • Emily watches Julia climb and tries it if she feels like it, but is usually fine just to cruise around with her shopping cart.  She looks like a crazy old lady on black Friday all hunched over and steamrolling whatever and whoever is in front of her!  She is fast and furious!  Barry is a little nervous about how much she will make our car insurance go up in about 15 years.  
  • We started seeing chairs slowing sliding out from under the table like the ghost from the basement (another story!) was pulling them out to sit down...creepy.  It turns out that chairs on a wood floor are the perfect walking device for busy babies.
  • Emily finally got her 8th tooth and goes to bed SO MUCH easier now.  It's wonderful!
  • Emily tries to repeat "all done" and "meow" while Julia is using the sign for "more" instead of yelling when she wants more food.
  • Both girls love saying "AHHHHHH!" after a big drink of water.
  • They are trying lots of new foods.  Some favorites are zucchini with a little bit of parmesan, cottage cheese, red pepper, peas, carrots, and grapes.  Julia still spits out peaches while refusing to spit out a giant piece of lint, leaves, or wood chips. Emily still eats anything!
  • They are both STILL biting and Emily usually has bruises to prove it.  Poor girl.  I've been talking with another mom of twins who has some early childhood expertise to see if we can put a stop to it before it becomes an even bigger problem.  
  • Blowing kisses is what they are both working on next!  They use the back of their hand while saying, "Mmmmma!"



Emily fell asleep as we walked up to our driveway on our way home from a walk.  What a sweet girl!

So big!

Fruit butts in our new sandbox!
Don't even think about it!
Nope!  

Haha!  Victory is mine!

Crap.

Julia's first time with a hair bow!

Emily's bow

Daddy was jealous.

Julia must have woken Emily up too early.


Add caption


Hairstyle by banana.

Julia randomly makes this face and I feel so lucky to have caught it.  I was just messing around with settings on the camera.




Bedtime for Emmy Girl

Grandmom's girl!  Julia has my wallet and is ready to shop just like Grandma Kathy!
Climbing because she can.

Don't do it Julia!  Sisters don't let sisters read Star Wars!
J is for Julia...and Jedi.

I knew this day would come.  They stay busy for a loooooong time in this cupboard!
Visiting college friends in MN

The big bed is one exciting place!



This can't be comfortable.
P.S. We don't cook our babies.  The temp is always wrong.

We don't have to worry about giving up a pacifier.  This is what Julia does with them...I don't think she remembers what they are for!

Belly button!

So big Julia and flying Emily







Happy 11 months little monkeys!



First Independence day!

Yep!  Julia climbed in there herself.

I gave Emily a turn in the bucket and Julia decided to bit her toe.  Sorry baby!  If you look closely at Julia's hand and Emily's elbow, you can see bite marks.  :(


Model walking Emily

Ready for a ride in the boat?  Not yet.


Chomp!  :(
Emily swimming during the heat wave!

Julia eating a leaf. What else is new?

I'm surprised Emily is not a blur in this photo.

Twins in the Twin Flyer!  At the park with some teachers and their kids.

Hi Mom!

Julia was growling when I took this photo.


1 comment:

  1. So many great pictures in this one. And I love Julia's new use for the pacifier.

    ReplyDelete