Tuesday, February 21, 2012

6 1/2 Months

An anonymous person informed me that I was failing to update the blog in a timely manner, so here you go, friend!  :)

In the past two weeks, the girls celebrated their first Valentine's day, got their photos taken by someone other than me (coming soon), and had a visit from two grandmas and a grandpa!  The three of us have ventured out to the grocery store, church to make soup for lent supper, and taken a wagon ride outside.  Both girls do really well when I take them out alone if I time it right.  They are busy absorbing all the new sights and sounds.  Now if I just had more hands, it would be even easier.

As far as the decisions go, I have decided to continue to take care of Julia & Emily full time and let teaching wait for now.  I don't think anyone is shocked.  As of March 1st, I am officially no longer an employee of my school district.  I intend to go back when the time and position available feel like the right fit for us all.  I'm glad I had four years to gain experience and meet so many interesting people, many of whom have become good friends.  I know getting back in will be so much easier than getting in as an unknown substitute teacher.

Enough about me, what's new with these babies, you ask?!  Julia has an imaginary friend named Bob.  We hear about him all the time.  Sometimes she is very upset with him.  She is sporting her two bottom teeth and likes to use them.  She has started to bang two toys together and seems proud of herself for doing so.  She also has decided that sleeping through the night is optional.

Emily has discovered that she can make extremely loud, high-pitched noises.  She just sprouted her second bottom tooth and has gotten much better at keeping her food in her mouth.  She also finds her daddy very hilarious, even when he's not trying to be.  She keeps us sane by sleeping all night, or just talking to herself when she wakes up.  Both girls are sitting up well and enjoy eating feet.  Anyone's feet will do.  They also love bouncing and being naked.  That's quite the life.


Feed me!!



I like prunes!

Julia had to go with to get up laundry.

I am pooping.

Emily's newest face.


Oooooh.  What do you have here?



Payback
This is the face I will use when I want a kitten.

Sneeze!

Emily's funny face again!

Happy Valentine's day!
Jumping!

Trying on hats mom found in our room!

This is what happens if I put Emily down for nap first.  Sorry Julia

Hi Grandma!

Julia and grandpa share expressions.

Breakfast!

Emily and Grandmom at brunch!

Grandpa and Julia

Baby Kara's supper

Your face feels funny!

Grandmom bought us new clothes!

Tired Julia...maybe you should sleep at nighttime.  

Fun with grandparents!

What the heck are these?  Putting on real shoes for the first time. 
Julia

Delicious

Check out my shades!  (Julia with Whitney - Emily's godmother)

No comments:

Post a Comment