The girls spent their first holiday (unless you count Labor day) at Wes and Kara's costume party. They had a good time eating, sleeping and looking at all the new people there. Julia rolled over again that morning and her uncle Matthew got to see it before he flew back to Arizona. That's why Julia was dressed as a Tootsie Roll and Emily got to be the roll of Smarties.
Emily's big news is that she has been sleeping through the night! Last night it was 9:30-7:30! Julia decided to make up for it and get up twice instead of her usual one time. She is starting to show a sassy side as she will pull of when eating and let milk run out of her mouth while smiling at us. She also thinks its funny when she toots. Just this morning, she screamed in delight while pooping! Emily is extremely content if she is not hungry or tired and loves to look at toys and just kick and talk. She loves being talked to and is starting to enjoy books more. Watch out if she needs something! She does not get upset gradually.
They have been both been working on sitting in the bumbo without folding over, standing with support, and reaching for toys hanging on their kick gym. They also grab each other's hands as they play. Julia still likes to say, "Ooooh oooh oooh" while Emily sticks with "Ah-geeeee."
If I was teaching this year, I would be back at work now! At first, I was not so sure about this staying at home deal. I missed my co-workers who are also good friends. I really missed the kids. I missed hearing about a lost tooth, being the flower girl in a wedding over the weekend, and their brutal honesty. I missed finding random pieces of fruit, drawings, and little notes on my desk in the morning. I missed making a big deal out of little things like a funny book or learning cursive letter f and having a room full of eight year olds buying right into it. I missed being able to be the one to show them the bravery of the pilgrims and the mystery of how rocks are made and changed. I missed the kids who loved me and the kids who needed me. I guess I still do.
But I know two more kids who love me and need me. I know I made the right choice. The thought of someone else getting Julia's milky smiles or Emily's neck nuzzling makes me sad. I know that not working is not a choice for many moms so I am thankful I had the choice to make. Both girls are becoming so much more fun as I crawl out of this haze of sleep deprivation. We are finally, FINALLY getting into somewhat of a routine. I imagine as soon as I think we have a good routine, everything will change, but I'm never bored, always tired, and wouldn't have it any other way!
 |
| Auntie Laura & cousin Wes |
 |
| Cousin Kara blowing raspberries for the camera! |
 |
| Aunt Laura & Julia |
 |
| Hayley, Austin & Aiden (or just Lion if you ask Austin!) |
 |
| Emily is all partied out later at home. |
 |
| Mr. Potatohead...I mean Pumpkinhead. |
 |
| Holding hands and playing |
 |
| Julia after bath time. |
 |
| Duck feet! |
 |
| Julia always wants to see where I am. |
 |
| Emily |
 |
| It looks like she is saying, "I squish your head!" Barry and Andy have done this as long as I've known them. |
 |
| More duck feet on a different camera setting. |
 |
| Julia saying "Ooooooh." |
 |
Happy 3 months, Julia!
November 4, 2011 |
 |
| Attitude |
 |
| Shy and smiley |
 |
Happy 3 Months, Emily!
November 4, 2011 |
 |
| What are you doing, mom? |
No comments:
Post a Comment